3D Prints Collection

3D Prints Collection

Friday 26 June 2015

Getting the Printer up and running again.

I have now got the 3-D printer up and running again and will discuss some of the maintenance I carried out on it.

Firstly I attended to the wiring, checking all the connectors on the central processing unit and in some cases reworking the connections to prevent errors such as oscillating stepper motors which the machine has suffered from. The thermostats on the printheads then needed reglueing in the correct position, with high temperature glue, so after calibration, they now read the temperature of the Hotends very accurately. 

I then brought each print head up to operating temperature, 200° C, to clean the inner channels from the buildup of plastic and any carbon residue. The primary printhead which has become blocked with carbonised denatured nylon is proving very difficult to clean out and will require the full disassembly of the head, in the meantime I am going to use the secondary head to print with. This is not an easy change over and I will have a blog entry explaining how I achieve this. 

Finally I then checked all the moving components were well lubricated, tightened the belts which control the X and Y movement and tightened the Allan screws to prevent any vibration during operation. 

I then moved to fine calibration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment