3D Prints Collection

3D Prints Collection

Tuesday 14 July 2015

Further Calibration

I have printed a extremely detailed and complex test piece to highlight the weaknesses of my 3-D printer so I can improve the precision and quality of its prints. 

The model included a range of slopes at angles between 20° and 45°, cones, domes zigzag shapes and precise holes. My printer performed very well on all the tests except for moving between the pointed object where it left strands of material. This is due to  it insufficient retraction of the filament to empty the nozzle, so as the Print Head moves over a empty space is dribble plastic. I will now experiment with different levels of retraction to find an optimal value to minimise oozing from the nozzle when its travelling between print areas. 

I will work on the settings and setup of the printer to improve the overall quality, and then reprint this test.

No comments:

Post a Comment