3D Prints Collection

3D Prints Collection

Saturday 4 July 2015

Z Axis Stepper Motor Clutch Tool

When starting a new print, it is often required to manually alter the Z axis level to achieve very good adhesion achieved by rotating the clutch on the stepper motor. The clutch is very stiff, and difficult to move as there is little to grip onto.  I have additional difficulty due to Arthtitis in my wrists, therefore I decided to produce a tool to make the process easier. 

This really demonstrates the power of 3-D printing for rapid prototyping as the design and manufacture of the tool was completed in around one and a half hours. I quickly designed the shape using Google Sketchup software, generated the tool paths using Cura software and printed it using PLA material. 
Using the Tool to rotate the Z Axis clutch
I included a X shaped centre to reduce the quantity
of material required and the print duration.


No comments:

Post a Comment